Catholic Free Press

Catholic Free Press Digital Edition

  • Mar
  • 6

Blessing St. Francis Center

Posted By March 6, 2014 | 1:01 pm | Lead Story #3
St Francis_0978WEB

Thomas Gomes, administrator, right, speaks at the  ribbon-cutting ceremony for the new rehabilitation gymnasium Feb. 27 at the St. Francis Rehabilitation and Nursing Center  at 101 Plantation St. Sheriff Lew Evangelidis, center,  cut the ribbon to open the new gymnasium and Bishop McManus, left, blessed the facility. The rehabilitation and nursing center, opened in 1898 by the Little Franciscans
of Mary and formerly known as St. Francis Home, also celebrated the fact that it was found to be without deficiencies in 2013 in an annual survey by the state Department of Public Health. Other speakers included Steven Raso, owner, and City Councillor Phil Palmieri.